Monday, January 5, 2009

Spiritualism vs Religiousness

Spiritualism to me explains so much of the questions that religious teachings left a hole. I had a few questions about religious issues be in Buddhism or in Islam that no one could answer. In the past, not being able to answer these questions, I was forced to accept the teachings in a half hearted manner. It was hard for me. I wanted to know and was curious to know what the religious point of view was, but somehow no matter how hard I searched for an answer, it did not satisfy me. I felt a lack and deep inside felt that religion could not answer it. I was told to have faith but the voice inside of me asked "How can you have faith when you don't know what is it you are having faith in ??"

New age or spiritualism opened up a new door for me and all of my questions could be answered. Finally I could bridge the gap between mysticism, science and religion, all subjects close to my heart. "Why do some children have to die young and suffer","If bomoh's are using Islamic incantations then are they practicing the word of god","If god is good, why does god allow bad things to happen in the world" are all questions that I could answer now and I am happy and inspired. I have reconnected with my source. A force or God which I have always been close to as a child feeling it's warmth and comfort. I nearly lost that as I was growing up swayed by the good judgments of those around me. New age beliefs allowed me to see the bridge between my other childhood beliefs such as astrology, chinese facial astrology and conventional religion. I saw a lot of things differently and found the answers to my of my questions. For those who think that spiritualism will cause you to be less religious, it actually strengthen my belief in God. I felt the closeness I felt to God back when I was just a child. How could I not? God is after all a part of us.

1 comment:

Pure Snow said...

Your writings is very good!!