Saturday, February 2, 2008

The most romantic gesture

Today I listened to Jim Rohn's 'Take Charge of your life' and something in there about the black widow caught my fancy. Jim mentioned how the act of the black widow eating her mate after the 'noble act' as 'interesting' while it seemed tragic to most people. Good observation Jim but for me it struck me as the the most the most romantic act in the animal kingdom. A selfless mate sacrificing even his own life for his other half. A bit of a morbid end but the thought of it is just so romantic to me.

A selfless act to serve another soul in that way can only be done by the most dedicated soul. You can get scientific on my ass and argue the point by saying that the male is actually bound and unable to move ... thanks but no thanks I would rather live in my romanticized version ....

No comments: